Saturday, March 27, 2010

Stay Close-Delorean

For those who don't know, I'm minorly obsessed with the Barcelona music scene. Beyond having a burgeoning arts scene for sometime, the Barcelona alternative music community is small but lush. During my time in Spain I got to explore BCN for all its musical iterations, whether Razzmatazz style Electro or intimate Serrat troubadours, BCN is all over the place. Indeed my favorite haunt is a place in the Gracia Barrio, out of the typical tourist range, called Heliogabal. A small bar, Heliogabal features all kinds of experimental sounds ranging from Barcelona IDM artists to Spoken word poets in Catalan. Indeed I met Pablo "El Guincho Diaz-Reixa there, whose album Alegranza! is one of my all-time favorites.

In the alternative rock scene there are loads of bands doing cool music like Extraperlo, Thelematicos, Joe Crepusculo, Astrud, El Guincho, and more. However one band seems keen to tap into a larger audience and that is Delorean. After some stellar EPs, their new album, Subiza drops in June (or if you are in Spain, April). The single, Stay Close, was released last week and I can't listen to it enough.

Embedded here is the video for Stay Close


No comments:

Post a Comment